Back to Main Site
 Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Help | Search | Members | Calendar

Recipes for the F'd Like Me
« Next Oldest | Next Newest » Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
Rome
Posted: May 6 2009, 10:25 PM

Groupie

Group: Members
Member No.: 847

I'm in the unfortunate situation where I need to lose weight, have high blood pressure and high cholesterol. Awesome. I figured all I could eat was raw veggies and maybe suck on a piece of fake bacon every once in awhile. Well, my mother gave me a recipe book for Easter (she still gives me a basket at 35 yrs old) and it's like a holy scripture to me now! I make stuff all the time from it and even John and the baby love the dishes. I'll share here if anyone is interested!

Sophia
Posted: May 7 2009, 10:27 AM

Freak

Member No.: 28

Share! Share! biggrin.gif

--------------------
"This is LOVELY, Mom!" -- Lucas

lahuffman
Posted: May 9 2009, 11:19 PM

Devotee

Member No.: 657

I'd love to hear some of the recipes or get the name of the book. I'd love to pass it along to my neighbor whose 13 year old daughter has inherited high cholesterol and despite the fact that she is a twig she's got cholesterol of almost 300! They are working hard on redoing her diet so new ideas would be fantastic!

--------------------

Lisa

Pam
Posted: May 12 2009, 07:10 AM

Freak

Member No.: 201

I'd love to hear some of the recipes too!

Rome
Posted: May 14 2009, 10:01 PM

Groupie

Member No.: 847

The book is 'Quick and Healthy Recipes and Ideas - For people who say they don't have time to cook healthy meals' by Brenda Ponichtera (Registered Dietitian) 3rd Edition.

I like that the 1st 100 pages or so are about facts in regards to carbs, sodium, cholesterol, etc as well as product recommendations. Lots of good information.

I grew up eating my Aunt's famous chicken dish and she gave me the recipe and I USED to make it all the time. I can't now due to the fat, calories and sodium...wicked bummer. I did find this recipe in my book that ended up tasting so like it I was amazed. John loved it too.

French Glazed Chicken

1/4 cup fat free french dressing
2 tbsp sugar free apricot preserves
2 tbsp water
1 tbsp dried or 1/4 cup minced onion
1 pd skinless, boneless chicken breasts

Mix first four ingredients and set aside
Arrange ckn in a 9 by 9 baking pan sprayed with non-stick spray.

Preheat oven to 350 and bake ckn uncovered for 20 minutes. Drain liquid. Spoon apricot mixture over ckn and return to oven for 10 minutes or until ckn is no longer pink and glaze is heated.

*I used ckn tenders since I buy those most often. I also put the dish under high broil after to get a little carmalization on top but not too long! I served over rice (none for me) with green beans. Yummy!

Cal 155
Fat 1
Sat fat 0
Chol 65
Sodium 223
Carbs 9
Sugar 3
Protein 26

This post has been edited by Rome on May 14 2009, 10:08 PM

lahuffman
Posted: May 15 2009, 06:19 PM

Devotee

Member No.: 657

QUOTE (Rome @ May 14 2009, 10:01 PM)
I served over rice (none for me) with green beans.

No rice? Bummer...you can't even do brown rice?

--------------------

Lisa

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
5 replies since May 6 2009, 10:25 PM Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic

<< Back to Burn It Up