Back to Main Site
 Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Help | Search | Members | Calendar

Endymion Grand Marshall, announced today
« Next Oldest | Next Newest » Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
stacey
Posted: Dec 2 2008, 10:00 AM

Super Freak

Group: Members
Member No.: 18

From the article below...I already know who it is. Um...OKAY is all I have to say. I still think Renee Z should be in Orpheus. Of course I am always gung ho for Brad and Angie. laugh.gif

Endymion is named for a Greek god, who was the most handsome of men -- and the god of youth and fertility. Here's what we can tell you before today’s big announcement naming the grand marshal of the Endymion parade: This year’s theme is "Tales of Sleep and Dreams." It's is taken from a Greek myth in which the god Endymion was fooling around with the moon goddess Selena. "Zeus, who was the head man up there, gave Endymion a choice between sleep and death and he picked sleep," said Endymion Krewe Capt. Ed Muniz. "I don't understand why...either one of them would be the same." Here's what we can't tell you yet -- we can't name the identity of this years Endymion celebrity grand marshal. You'll recall Academy Award winning actor-producer Kevin Costner held the post last year. Muniz did give us a few hints. First, he said with all due respect to Mr. Costner, this year's grand marshal may appeal more to youth and futility. "I know he had a song ‘All Summer Long’ that's been on the hit parade for like six months," said Muniz. Here’s one more hint: this year’s grand marshal was once married to actress Pamela Anderson. Don't forget, Anderson has been married three times: two divorces and an annulment. Also, this year’s grand marshal is a musician -- who performs on stage -- and videos. “I’ve seen video's of his show” said Muniz. “Now frankly I'm 68 years old. Is he exactly my cup of tea? Probably not.”

--------------------
user posted image
"We Got Jazz Bands, Trad Bands, Funk Bands and Brass Bands, Whatever your heart desires...if you can take that southern heat, then you can party with me, meet me on Frenchmen Street~Shamarr Allen

Lisa
Posted: Dec 2 2008, 10:14 AM

Super Freak

Member No.: 16

ew. Kid Rock. Mike will be thrilled. rolleyes.gif

stacey
Posted: Dec 2 2008, 10:16 AM

Super Freak

I guess it could be worse....not sure how but it could.

--------------------
user posted image
"We Got Jazz Bands, Trad Bands, Funk Bands and Brass Bands, Whatever your heart desires...if you can take that southern heat, then you can party with me, meet me on Frenchmen Street~Shamarr Allen

Lisa
Posted: Dec 2 2008, 10:21 AM

Super Freak

Member No.: 16

QUOTE (stacey @ Dec 2 2008, 10:16 AM)
I guess it could be worse....not sure how but it could.

It could be Hulk Hogan,lol.

Tracyjj50
Posted: Dec 2 2008, 11:30 AM

Super Freak

Member No.: 85

Aw, I like Kid. When he's not acting all Superpimp he's kinda cool. Nobody could be worse than Toby Keith.

--------------------
user posted image Released on March 28, 2011!

stacey
Posted: Dec 2 2008, 11:46 AM

Super Freak

And it is official.

--------------------
user posted image

connickfan
Posted: Dec 2 2008, 09:53 PM

Freak

Member No.: 31

Interesting choice

--------------------
Dia...

Try your best to try to find yourself again. You might be scared to start but then, beginnings only come from ends.... Cowboy Mouth... Easy

Rick Rick Rick Rick Rick...

andrea
Posted: Dec 3 2008, 11:21 AM

Freak

Member No.: 319

Blech blink.gif

Well, at least it isn't Eminem!

--------------------
There's only us; there's only this. Forget regret or life is yours to miss.

BlueIsis
Posted: Dec 8 2008, 02:32 PM

Member No.: 3700

I hear Kid rock is also really close with Sidney Torres....so maybe there are even more connections there!

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
8 replies since Dec 2 2008, 10:00 AM Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic

<< Back to Orpheuscapade 2009