Back to Main Site
 Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Help | Search | Members | Calendar

Pages: (6) 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  ( Go to first unread post )
"Bug" Who saw it?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest » Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
lbn23
Posted: Nov 7 2007, 10:25 AM

Groupie

Group: Members
Member No.: 892

OK -- I loved this movie

I got it from Netflix and I loved it! I really do love psychological thrillers (which is what this is -- it is not horror as in Friday the 13th, it is psychological thriller with some gore)

I would have loved it if Harry had not been in it (although he was awesome in that role).

So, why did I love it? I loved watching Peter go off his meds and become exactly what the psychitrist said he was -- paranoid schizophrenic. It was a great (if somewhat over the top) portrayal of that process.

And then there is this pathetic woman in a pathetic situation who is vulnerable to his delusions because of this horrible life she led with Harry and she is vulnerable because of her drug use and she just goes mad with him.

Reminded me of the Fall of the House of Usher (or is it Esher) by Edgar Allen Poe where the guy gets crazier and crzier because all of his senses are ramped up and every noise is deafening, every light is blinding, every touch is excruciating asnd so on. The beauty of the story (or film in this case) is seeing the insanity unfold.

I loved it.

--------------------
"I'm from Chicago. . . I don't break!" - Barack Obama

JASMSP
Posted: Nov 7 2007, 10:55 AM

Member No.: 975

lbn23, your review ALMOST makes me want to see it! lolol I don't handle bugs well in real life and I think my fear of bugs could possibly get worse if I do see this movie!

bijou
Posted: Nov 7 2007, 01:06 PM

Groupie

Member No.: 1314

I too liked the movie - and bugs played a minor role in the movie actually.

MissD
Posted: Nov 7 2007, 02:46 PM

Member No.: 1101

Well, I finally got around to picking up the DVD and adding it to my collection. My husband and I watched it on Halloween, since it was billed as horror and everything. I have to agree with most of the reviews. Not a lot of creepy bugs, and it didn't make me itchy, which was one of the things I anticipated. It is totally worth it for the scenes with Harry in them. Not just because he's getting out of the shower (but, DAMN!), but because I found his scenes to really be the most interesting part of the movie. I actually plan to watch it again, because I think a second viewing is called for with this kind of a movie. That said, the horror part of the movie for me, where I had to hit pause and grab a glass of wine was about 1/2 way to 3/4 of the way through Harry's first scene. I don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't seen it, but for those who have, seeing our Harry playing that mean of a guy was a bit of a shock to the system for me!! I know he's acting and all that, but I really felt a bit knocked off of my feet for a few minutes there!! Anyhow, great acting on Harry's part and not too creepy for the folks who don't like that! thumbsup.gif

--------------------
~MissD~

andrea
Posted: Nov 7 2007, 04:10 PM

Freak

Member No.: 319

OK, my question is: How repulsive is the teeth-pulling-out scene? pinch.gif pinch.gif And how far into the movie does it take place?That is the one thing that's keeping me from watching this movie. The thought of it makes me want to curl into the fetal position!!!

--------------------
There's only us; there's only this. Forget regret or life is yours to miss.

JASMSP
Posted: Nov 7 2007, 05:16 PM

Member No.: 975

QUOTE (MissD @ Nov 7 2007, 02:46 PM)
That said, the horror part of the movie for me, where I had to hit pause and grab a glass of wine was about 1/2 way to 3/4 of the way through Harry's first scene.

Is this the part you're talking about Andrea??

OK, my question is: How repulsive is the teeth-pulling-out scene?  And how far into the movie does it take place?

Cause if so, that sounds f'in disgusting! Not sure I want to see that either!

bijou
Posted: Nov 7 2007, 05:34 PM

Groupie

Member No.: 1314

I promise you - it's gorey but not in a completely unwatchable kind of way. You could look away for that second of the movie. I'm NOT a fan of blood and gore but I do recommend you watch the movie. It was interesting and Harry's acting was great. Don't let the bugs and blood scare you tongue.gif

lbn23
Posted: Nov 8 2007, 08:03 AM

Groupie

Member No.: 892

o yeah -- I looked away for the tooth pulling -

but, there are no bugs -- they are a figment of their delusions.

--------------------
"I'm from Chicago. . . I don't break!" - Barack Obama

Rome
Posted: Jan 25 2008, 12:25 PM

Groupie

Member No.: 847

I finally saw this like a week ago. Pretty intense and disturbing movie but I really liked it! Harry was actually hilarious to me. I rewound the part when he was lying on the bed bitching about having no TV and when he was telling the story about the dude slipping around on the lIEnoleum like 20 times! laugh.gif

I thought Ashley Judd did an amazing job. I really felt the heartbreak about her child. I too had to look away during the tooth part. pinch.gif That tinfoil situation was CRAZY. Definitely worth the $3.99 on my cable bill. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Rome on Jan 25 2008, 12:26 PM

arnifr
Posted: May 18 2009, 08:29 PM

Member No.: 925

Hi, I nice to see you again. Nothing seems to have changed around here. That's nice to know.

I bought the DVD about a month ago and just watched it. I liked the first half of it, but on the whole I didn't really like it. It's probably better on stage. Harry was really good! And on that note, I watched P.S. I love you a while back, with my wife and we really liked it(especially my wife(who still makes fun of my admiration of Harry)).

Anyway, I'm gonna try to log on more often now and see what's going on.

regards from Iceland,
Arni

--------------------
Do you think I should repeat
Do you think I should repeat
Repeat
Repeat

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
59 replies since May 25 2007, 10:40 PM Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
Pages: (6) 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 
<< Back to Movies