Back to Main Site
 Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Help | Search | Members | Calendar

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )
"A Dolphin's Tale", New movie where Harry plays a vet?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest » Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
WendyD
Posted: Aug 4 2010, 04:59 PM

Super Freak

Group: Members
Member No.: 115

From The Hollywood Reporter:

Three actors eye 'A Dolphin's Tale'

By Borys Kit

Aug 4, 2010, 05:33 PM ET
Harry Connick Jr., Ashley Judd and Morgan Freeman are in negotiations to star in "A Dolphin's Tale," Warner Bros.-based Alcon Entertainment's inspirational animal tale being directed by Charles Martin Smith.

The movie will be a 3D release, perhaps becoming the first drama in this current climate of 3D frenzy to go with the format.

"Dolphin" is inspired by the true story of a dolphin named Winter who was rescued off the Florida coast and taken in by the Clearwater Marine Aquarium.

The movie version centers on a boy who befriends an injured dolphin who lost her tail in a crab trap. Through their bond and friendship, the boy motivates everyone around him to help save the dolphin by creating a prosthetic appendage to replace the dolphin's tail. The marine mammal's strong survival instincts become an inspiration to people with special needs throughout the world.

Connick Jr. plays a vet who rescues the mammal and brings her to runs the marine hospital he runs. Judd plays the boy's mother while Freeman is a doctor who creates a prosthetic limb for Winter.

Karen Janszen ("A Walk to Remember") wrote the screenplay, with revisions by Smith and Jordan Roberts. It is based on an original treatment by Noam Dromi.

Alcon's co-CEO's Andrew Kosove and Broderick Johnson will finance and produce with Alcon marketing president Richard Ingber, who brought the project to the company.

Connick Jr. worked with Alcon when he appeared in the company's Hilary Swank-Gerard Butler romantic drama "P.S. I Love You." He is repped by CAA.

"Dolphin" will be the third time Judd and Freeman have worked together. The two previously teamed up for "Kiss the Girls" and "High Crimes."

WME-repped Judd just wrapped "Flypaper," an indie comedy in which she stars opposite Patrick Dempsey.

Freeman, repped by CAA, last starred as Nelson Mandela in "Invictus" and next appears with Bruce Willis and Helen Mirren in Summit's "Red."

--------------------
i know i've got someone out there who really digs what i'm doing...
please know that i'll always be singing and playing for you...
as long as you're listening, i'll be there...
-hcjr

WendyD
Posted: Aug 6 2010, 09:49 AM

Super Freak

from cinematical.com

Will 'Dolphin Tale' Be The New 'Free Willy'?

by Perri Nemiroff Aug 5th 2010 // 6:02PM

3D isn't only for horror, animation or heavy action; now family films are putting the technology to use as well. As reported by Variety, Alcon Entertainment is working on the family-friendly 3D film Dolphin Tale and Morgan Freeman, Harry Connick Jr. and Ashley Judd are all in negotiations to star.

The flick is inspired by the true story of Winter, a dolphin that was rescued and nursed back to health at the Clearwater Marine Aquarium. In the film Winter will star as herself, a dolphin who loses her tail in a crab trap. She strikes up a relationship with a little boy and eventually he rounds up a bunch of his buddies and together they convince a doctor (Freeman) to make Winter a prosthetic fin replacement so she can swim again. Judd's role will be that of the little boy's mother and Connick will play the marine biologist who rescues Winter and treats her back at his facility.

I was pretty eager to get to the part where I can poke fun at this concept for being the new Free Willy, but after reading up on Winter, I wouldn't dare. On the Clearwater website, there's a whole section devoted to her story, her progress and of course, Winter plush toys for the kiddies. Winter was only three months old when she nearly died in that crab trap. She not only lost her entire tail, but two vertebrae as well and still survived. I was picturing something along the lines of Hiccup's makeshift tail for Toothless in How to Train Your Dragon, but Winter's is so much more than that. We're talking her whole tail here.

This is certainly a compelling story, now we've just got to hope it's been given a proper adaptation. The treatment comes from Noam Dromi, but Karen Janszen wrote the screenplay with some revisions from director Charles Martin Smith and Jordan Roberts. Funny thing is, Janszen is the one who wrote the script for Free Willy 2. It's not terrible, but can't compare to the original. If this piece is attracting talent like Freeman, Connick and Judd, there's got to be something good about it.

The last piece that will either make this one a heartwarming story or an obnoxious romp is the kid they find to play the lead. Luckily the main character is a boy because if Bindi Irwin got the role, I'd be taking a pass.

--------------------
-hcjr

bluedog
Posted: Nov 7 2010, 08:12 AM

Groupie

Member No.: 1315

so Harry is in town & I should be at the set stalking the cast right? He's been at the last two Bucs games here that have been blacked *pffffft* prolly staying at the finest hotel The Sand Pearl in Clearwater. Which is right next dooor to the boss mans condo we go to n July every year. pirate.gif To go or not to go? That IS the question.

--------------------
And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane
by those who could not hear the music. - Nietzsche

The future belongs to those who BELIEVE in the beauty of their dreams ... Eleanor Roosevelt

Lisa
Posted: Nov 8 2010, 06:04 AM

Super Freak

Member No.: 16

HOw is that even a question? wink.gif 2thumbup.gif

WendyD
Posted: Nov 9 2010, 05:44 PM

Super Freak

uh, hello? I know it's been a dead around here, but you haven't lost all the skills we taught you now? wink.gif Get out there and stalk (in the best way possible.)

--------------------
-hcjr

peeteycat
Posted: Nov 10 2010, 12:09 AM

Member No.: 554

It is dead around here - who ever thought I would be the one turning the lights out at night?

ClayBusby1943
Posted: Nov 10 2010, 09:55 AM

Member No.: 53539

It's the time of year. laugh.gif

It goes along with things slowing down as it gets colder. At least up north.

In NOLA it's about 55 today. But we all know that life never slows down or goes dead in the Big Easy.

ClayBusby

a2grafix
Posted: Dec 3 2010, 03:57 AM

Member No.: 73

Check this out from Attractions Magazine on You Tube, about 11:20 mark. They take about Harry filming Dolphins Tale in Clearwater. There's a picture of him at Busch Gardens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUAV2Fkg-rM&feature=sub

star_turtle2010
Posted: Dec 22 2010, 10:47 AM

Member No.: 64249

Here's a link to a great pic of Harry and Morgan Freeman in Dolphin Tale:

http://www.daemonsmovies.com/2010/12/15/do...rry-connick-jr/

Can't wait for this to come out!! 2thumbup.gif

bluedog
Posted: Dec 23 2010, 09:58 AM

Groupie

Member No.: 1315

It's sad to say that I never made it over to Clearwater for a good stalking .... & it's only 20 minutes away. pinch.gif What are the odds that Harry makes a film in my place of birth & I couldn't find the time to go make an ass of myself? Cuz you know I prolly would have. I'm notorious for saying the wrong things at the wrong time or not being in the right place at the right time. Ah well. & I was right about Harry staying at the Sand Pearl. Craig's boss stays down here from Thanksgiving thru Christmas & he's got a condo at The Sand Pearl & one next door. He said he spotted Harry a few times & at a local church. *shrugs* At least Craig didn't play poker with him in Vegas pirate.gif so I got that going for me ph34r.gif

--------------------
And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane
by those who could not hear the music. - Nietzsche

The future belongs to those who BELIEVE in the beauty of their dreams ... Eleanor Roosevelt

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
15 replies since Aug 4 2010, 04:59 PM Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
Pages: (2) [1] 2 
<< Back to Movies